Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back to work








I have been very blessed to have almost seven months off from my job to be with my babies. I am really feeling very lucky to work with such a great group of people. I am very nervous about tomorrow and I will hopefully be able to keep my emotions in control. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mommy, but now I am having second thoughts about that. We have discussed it, but Troy's health insurance through the school is too expensive and we think it is best that I go back to work. The girls are going to be in very good hands with our day nurse and Troy. We also found a nanny to come watch Jordan once Troy goes back to school. I am very relieved that she was referred from one of our very good nurses. We have had a very relaxing weekend with the girls and they are starting to really notice each other. You can really tell by the pictures that they love to look at each other and smile. Jordan is really starting to grab her rattles and toys and even steals them from Rylee. Rylee is noticing the rattles, but isn't grabbing them quite yet. We had a bit of scare with her g-tube today. Troy went to hook her feeding up and noticed the g-tube was about to fall out. The sac that holds the g-tube in tightly popped and we had to get a whole new g-tube. I surprised myself and stayed calm and we had not troubles getting it back in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you all today! It's a milestone worth celebrating, and of course, it's a sad day too. Just focus on one day at a time, and don't try to sort/work it all out right now. Enjoy the adult company while you're at work, and love up those sweet little girls when you get home! The pictures are great - they are getting so big and cute. Maybe we'll be able to see you all in Sept. It's still a big Maybe, but these girls (and you too of course) are big reasons to try hard to make it work! Email me or call me whenever... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari,

    I hope your first day at work was good. I am sure it is very hard but I believe it will get easier as time goes on. You will be so happy to return home each night. The girls are just dolls and are a true gift from god.

    ReplyDelete