Friday, August 14, 2009

"One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

- Author Unknown


I came across this quote the other day and it really hit home with me. I am still struggling with forgiving myself for going into labor so early and having to watch my little girls struggle for their lives. I know it was nothing I did that made me go into labor, but I still have guilt thinking about them coming into this world so early. I still find myself very angry that Rylee got MRSA in the NICU and I am trying everyday to forgive this family. This quote really made me think how blessed I am and how bright our future is looking. I have the most precious baby girls and can't imagine my life without them. I couldn't be more proud of them. We took Rylee to CMH for Occupational Therapy on Tuesday and I was one proud mommy. Rylee took 10 ml from a bottle and even let me feed her some cereal. We are working with her two times and day and so far she is doing very well. She doesn't swallow much of her cereal, but she lets us put it in her mouth and doesn't throw a fit. Most babies that have been through what she has wouldn't even let you put a spoon into their mouths. We will go back in two weeks and see what else they recommend to get her to drink from a bottle. Tiny K will be here on Thursday and Jordan will get to try some cereal. We also have pediatrician appointments that day as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your babies are true miracles and you are a spectacular mother!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete