Sunday, March 7, 2010

Not another picture mommy!

Jordan standing all alone.

Troy and I took Rylee to CMH for her appointment in the special care clinic. Rylee weighed 18 pounds 8 ounces and was 27 3/4 inches long. The doctor was concerned that she only gained 10 ounces since we were last there in January. I thought she would have gained more because she has been eating so good. We are now transitioning her to pediasure instead of her high calorie preemie formula so hopefully this will help her gain some more weight. She is just starting to get over her little cold and the doctor thought her lungs sounded fine. She did have a little bit of an ear infection so she is on some antibiotics. We have a confirmed date for her LTR reconstruction surgery on 5/19/10. She is expected to be in the hospital for 2 to 3 weeks so that is going to be very hard for us. The month of April will be very busy with several appointments getting ready for this big surgery. Jordan is now taking a few steps if we make her and she is sleeping really well. I am so glad that I stuck it out with her schedule. She is going to sleep at 6:30 p.m. and will sometimes wake up at 3 or 4 am and she will go back to sleep if we go lay her back down until 6:00 a.m. She takes a nap at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. and just seems like she is very well rested. She got the same cold that Rylee had on Sunday night and seems to be getting better. She took about and ounce and a half from a sippy cup today and I was so excited I had to call and tell Troy. He asked me to not call him while he was on the golf course as he thought it was an emergency. Rylee pulled her trach out on him yesterday and he thought I was calling to tell him something like this. I have been working on the sippy cup for months and we have every brand of sippy cup that is on the market. Troy and I went out to the power and light district on Friday night and had a great time. We had to change our nursing hours around so we could get this covered and then our nanny came to help out with Jordan until she went to sleep. We are very thankful for our nurses and nanny to make this happen. We are having some major issues with our nursing agency and it really stresses me out thinking about how they handle things. I have even considered changing agencies but decided it would be too much work now that Rylee will hopefully get her trach removed this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment