Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

We loved every minute of taking the girls trick or treating tonight. They seemed like they knew what they were doing and made themselves at home at every house we went to. We only took them to a few friends houses around Baldwin and then we went to Wellsville to see nanny MiMi and our old night nurse Tamera. I got a call on Friday that they could get Rylee in for a swallow study so we jumped on it as she was not scheduled until February. It was a nightmare and Ry wanted nothing to do with drinking anything. They strap her down to a chair and then close her in with the x-ray machine and she was terrified. She screamed the entire time and even held her breath for most of it. They didn't get too much information from the study but did feel comfortable with us not thickening her fluids as much as we were. She is now on the same consistency that she came home from the NICU on. We will keep her on this and hopefully after cold and flu season is thru we will try some thin liquids. I took he to her pre-op and ENT appointment on Monday and she weighed in at 22 pounds and is 30 3/4 inches long. She will have her bronch on Thursday and if all looks well they will hopefully close up her trach opening. She still has stuff come out of it and we have to cover it for baths so that will be nice if they can get it closed. This will be her 7th time going under anesthesia since December so we are ready to get this over with. The nurse looked at her records and she went under anesthesia for either her bronchs or her surgeries 6 times in 6 months so she is a pro at it. I reminded them that she will need some extra sedation as she does not like waking up. She is our little champ and I know she will do fine. We had a loss in our family today and it saddens us that the girls will not get to know their Aunt Elaine. Troy's aunt passed away today in Sedan, Ks so we will attend her funeral on Tuesday. It is about a 3 hour drive so hopefully the girls don't mind the drive. We took the girls to the Kansas City Zoo yesterday with my mom, sister and nephew. The place was packed and we didn't get to see as many animals as we would have liked. It was nice being outside and enjoying the weather with the girls. The have been in the same room for a week now and so far it is going very well. Their naps are just a little bit shorter but they are sleeping in which is very nice. Jordan actually slept 14 hours last night. I think we wore her out at the zoo. We put the girls in the same Hooters outfits as last year and they still fit. I am sure they will fit next year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment