Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day





Ashley reading to our girls.


Rylee get out of the toy box!


I just want to crawl in and sleep with them.









I celebrated my second Mother's Day with my wonderful family. We went to Emporia for a picnic and it was a bit cold out so we only stayed long enough to eat and visit for a few minutes. I dreamed since I was a little girl of one day being a mother and wondered what my children would be like. All the years that I waited and prayed for babies, I wondered if I would ever get the chance to rock a baby. I will never forget how excited I was the day I found out I was pregnant. I think I took 30 pregnancy test in a weeks time just so I could see the line! I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would have two little girls as beautiful and precious as J and R. It is the best feeling in the world being a mommy and I am so proud of our girls. We went to my hometown of Reading, Ks on Friday night to visit my best friend who was in town from Fort Collins, Co. It was great being able to take both girls out and enjoy an evening with friends. Our little Rylee is now officially walking. She hasn't walked across the room yet but is getting very close. She is so cute when she walks as she still seems so tiny. We had Tiny K here this week and this is when she started walking so I think she is just showing off for Ashley. Troy had a eventful morning the other morning before work as Jordan pulled Rylee's g-tube and extension off and was walking around the house with it. As he got this taken care of and a new g-tube in place he noticed that Rylee's trach was out. He is pretty sure that Jordan pulled it out this time. I think Jordan is trying to tell us something! She is so ready for Rylee to have her trach out so they can talk back and forth with each other. Rylee has a bronch scheduled on Friday and this is where they will put her under and check her airway to make sure she can have the reconstructive surgery on the 19th and to know the extent of the surgery. We are ready to get this over with and enjoy our summer. It will be a long few weeks in the hospital so that is not going to be too enjoyable. Keep Ry in your thoughts and prayers and pray she doesn't get sick before this procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment